Monday, November 10, 2008

London Calling

“My brother-in-law Nigel Morris always comes to see our fireworks, in fact it’s the one time of the year when he’s busy socially. Although they are dull and boring and can spoil the party a little, we do advise people to invite at least one wet blanket to this year’s Bonfire Night celebrations.” Said Chief Fire Officer Ron Hubbard

Meditator Paul Heathcoat-Jones who downsized to Totnes in Devon five years ago is furious with marketing company Cloud Finder Incorporated. “Every time I achieve a transcendental state messages suddenly pop into my head about ethical banking, sustainable energy, organic food and who knows what else.” He told our reporter. “I worked as an advertising executive for twenty years so I know all about this kind of marketing, and it’s not on.” He added, helping himself to another cup of Fair Trade Tea. Trisha Watts head of Cloud Finder Incorporated is unrepentant, “We have several dedicated Meditation Centres in Bombay serving our clients marketing needs, it’s a very ecological form of communication and we have some of the very best Yogis delivering our service. Our consumers are very carefully targeted and many are happy to receive our messages when in a higher state of being, it facilitates clear decision making and inspires informed choice. You know this is more than just about us here, it’s about consciousness raising, and that’s what marketing is at the end of the day.” But Heathcoat-Jones remains unconvinced, “It’s an intrusion into my personal space, but more importantly they are exploiting those yogis in India, even if they are advertising Birkenstock shoes which I happen to like.”

Helpful life model Alan Hanks always wears socks and mittens for his artists. “Fingers and hands are so awfully difficult to draw. I do what I can to help my artists, they don’t have nasty toes and feet to paint, just a nice pair of clean socks. It makes life easier, and I must admit it keeps me from getting too chilly in the Scout Hut. I got the idea from Greek statues, they were geniuses, but even they knew their artistic limits. ”

Enthusiastic architect warned to keep his plans in perspective.

No comments: